International Tax Attorney (Board-Certified in Tax) - IRS Offshore - Golding & Golding

International Tax Attorney (Board-Certified in Tax) – IRS Offshore – Krantz Attorneys

International Tax Attorney (Board-Certified in Tax) – IRS Offshore

International Tax Attorney: We are IRS Offshore & Foreign Tax Lawyers who practice exclusively in International Tax, and specialize primarily in the niche area of IRS Offshore Disclosure. Our Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist team represents clients worldwide, in nearly 70 countries.

International Tax Attorney

Common Questions we receive about International Tax Attorney:

What is International Tax Law?

International Tax Law involves taxation, tax laws, and tax rules for multiple jurisdiction, or when an individual, business or estate is operating outside of their local jurisdiction. It also goes by other names such as: Offshore Tax, Foreign Tax, and Cross-Border Tax.

What does an International Tax Attorney Do?

An International Tax Attorney handles tax transactions for individuals, businesses or estates that have tax issues involving offshore Tax, Foreign Tax, and Cross-Border Tax. This may include compliance, planning, audits, litigation, and more.

What Cities do International Tax Attorneys operate in?

International Tax Attorneys operate worldwide. If you are seeking an International Tax Attorney, some of the more common cities are: 

  • International Tax Attorney California
  • International Tax Attorney San Jose
  • International Tax Attorney Los Angeles
  • International Tax Attorney San Diego
  • International Tax Attorney New York
  • International Tax Attorney Miami
  • International Tax Attorney Washington D.C.
  • International Tax Attorney Houston
  • International Tax Attorney Michigan

What is an International Tax Expert?

There is really no such thing as an “Expert” in Tax. Any Tax Attorney who uses the term “expert,” is probably a bit self-indulgent (read: egotistical). The closest you can get is being designated a Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist.

What is a Tax Specialist?

It is a tough feat. There are more than 200,000 attorneys in California, and tens of thousands of them practice in some area of tax. In California alone, there are less than 400 Board-Certified Tax Specialists. Why? Because the test is brutal.

It covers many different areas of tax, oftentimes areas which are not even included in the practitioner’s daily area of practice. Tax Specialist Exam study materials are scarce at best, and basically the practitioner has to rely upon is his or her experience to complete the full day exam. 

And, in order for a person to be Board-Certified — the applicant must also meet rigorous ethical and experience requirements as well.

When Do You Need an International Tax Lawyer?

If you are handling or contemplating international tax related issues, such as cross-border planning, foreign account and offshore compliance, international tax audits, or are subject to international tax litigation — you may need an International Tax Lawyer.

Do I Need an International Tax Attorney vs. CPA or EA?

If you are seeking confidentiality, and your communications to be covered under the Attorney-Client privilege, you would want an International Tax Attorney to maintain that privilege. Better yet, you should consider a “Dually Licensed Attorney/EA or Attorney/CPA”

What is International Tax Compliance?

International Tax Compliance is process of staying “compliant” with international tax related laws, rules and regulations. It is generally (but not always) a type of tax planning.

What is International Tax Planning?

Planning is the best offense, right? With international tax planning, you are preparing for international tax transactions. It can “personal tax planning,” business tax planning,” “estate tax planning,” or more

What is an International Tax Audit?

An International Tax Audit is when the IRS (or other government body) is examining your tax situation, and it involves international related issues. Common issues include: FBAR, FATCA, PFIC, CFC, GILTI, Expatriation, and more.

What is International Estate Planning?

International Estate Planning is when a person is planning to preserve their wealth, and their wealth includes assets, income, investments, and accounts outside of the U.S. (aka Cross-Border Estate Planning)

What is a U.S. Expat?

A U.S. Expat is a person who is a U.S. Citizen, but no longer resides in the U.S.

What is Foreign Bank Account & Asset Reporting?

Foreign Bank Account and Asset Reporting is the process of disclosing assets, income, investments, and accounts outside of the U.S to the IRS and other government agencies in accordance with FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act), FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Reporting) and other U.S. Tax Rules.

What is an International or Foreign Tax Audit?

Is an Audit involving issues outside of the United States. Common issues may include:

  • FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
  • FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Reporting)
  • CFC (Controlled Foreign Corporations)
  • GILTI (Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income)
  • PFIC (Passive Foreign Investment Companies)
  • Foreign Real Estate

What is IRS International Voluntary Practice?

IRS International Voluntary Practice is a type of IRS Tax Amnesty, in which a person uses various safe methods and practices to disclose assets, income, investments, and accounts outside of the U.S

What is an International Business?

An International Business is business that operates outside (and possibly inside) the United States, and may be subject to foreign country tax laws.

What is International Business Taxes?

International Business Taxes are the foreign or offshore taxes involving businesses that operate outside (and possibly inside) the United State.

What is International Tax Evasion?

If a a U.S. Person intentionally or willfully hides or fail to report foreign income, assets, investments, or accounts, you may be guilty of International Tax Evasion – which a Tax Crime.

International Tax Attorney – About Krantz Attorneys

Our Lawyers represent individuals, businesses, trusts, and estates in all aspects of international tax, cross-border transactions, offshore compliance, and foreign tax planning.

Common International Tax issues our Attorneys handle, include:

  • Unreported Offshore Assets, Accounts & Investments
  • Pre-Offshore Disclosure Planning
  • FBAR
  • PFIC
  • CFC
  • International Tax Investigations
  • Treaty Issues
  • Estate Tax Planning
  • Offshore Tax Planning

We Specialize In International, Offshore and Foreign Tax Laws

Krantz Attorneys represents clients nationwide and worldwide in all aspects of IRS Voluntary and Offshore Disclosure from our main offices in Southern California.

Krantz Attorneys, A PLC

We have successfully represented clients in more than 1000 streamlined and voluntary disclosure submissions nationwide, and in over 70-different countries.

We are the “go-to” firm for other Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Accountants, and Financial Professionals across the globe.

International Tax Lawyers - Krantz Attorneys, A PLC

International Tax Lawyers - Krantz Attorneys, A PLC

Krantz Attorneys: Our international tax lawyers practice exclusively in the area of IRS Offshore & Voluntary Disclosure. We represent clients in 70+ different countries. Managing Partner Ezra Krantz is a Board-Certified Tax Law Specialist Attorney (a designation earned by < 1% of attorneys nationwide.). He leads a full-service offshore disclosure & tax law firm. Ezra and his team have represented thousands of clients nationwide & worldwide in all aspects of IRS offshore & voluntary disclosure and compliance during his 20-year career as an Attorney.

Ezra holds a Master's in Tax Law from one of the top Tax LL.M. programs in the country at the University of Denver. He has also earned the prestigious IRS Enrolled Agent credential. Mr. Krantz's articles have been referenced in such publications as the Washington Post, Forbes, Nolo, and various Law Journals nationwide.
International Tax Lawyers - Krantz Attorneys, A PLC

Latest posts by International Tax Lawyers - Krantz Attorneys, A PLC (see all)